Monday, August 16, 2010

Beginnings

I'd like to welcome myself to the-twirly-skirt blog by explaining the name. My life is about to enter a crazy new phase. We decided to kick it all of by visiting some dear friends of ours in Arizona. While we were there my friend and I got to chat and craft while our husbands shot things on the xbox. One of the projects my friend made was a "twirly skirt" for her 4.5 year old daughter. I spent most of my time trying to make some headway in the quilt that I still haven't finished for my 2.5 month old son. While I don't have a daughter to make a whimsical skirt for, I can't help but want to make one anyway and once I finish this darn quilt I will.

In a few weeks my husband will leave for a year on his very first deployment and my 4 month old son and I will work hard to keep a home while he's away. This will be a place for me to post my projects (which will hopefully be many) and talk about life as a new mom where I can share my opinions about overpriced baby products and how overnight everyday became laundry day.

No comments:

Post a Comment